Friday, April 2, 2010

Running for the Cheetah


Craig and I registerd for this 5k. The run is on April 25th which is a Sunday. I ran this last year and I had a blast. I'm happy to say that I won't be running this alone and that I will have Craig by my side this year. This will be our second race together. We are preparing for the Las Vegas RNR half marathon. Craig is considering running it in December with me.

Papago Park


The 5k is located at a beautiful park next to the Phoenix Zoo.

Workout update:

Since going back to the gym I have been feeling so much better. I feel like Stella when she got her Groove back...
 Our when Austin Powers found his mojo.....



While at the gym the other night I was looking around and I started wondering... why are these people working out? I know why I'm doing it and why I started doing it. But why do so many people go to the gym or workout after a long day at work. We all have families and other things we need to do....why do we push ourselves to keep working out?

For me the reason is clear....I love the way I feel when I workout. I like knowing that I am taking control of my health and my life.

Question: What pushes you to run, hike, put in the workout dvd or go to the gym?

                              Have a great weekend!!!

Also go check out Erica's blog to enter an awesome give away including a Road ID!


Blog Signature

1 comment:

  1. I think right now what is keeping me motivated to run is the fact that I signed up for a 1/2 marathon in June. At first I really wanted to sign up for the RnR 1/2 in Las Vegas because that is my birthday weekend, but decided it was to long of a wait and I would probably chicken out but maybe I will just enjoy the RnR San Diego so much I will do Vegas to who knows. thanks for the link have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete