Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Persistence



Good Evening Bloggers! I was online today reading motivational quotes. I came across this one and I thought it was perfect. It can apply to so many people in so many different ways. When I first read it I immediately thought about my first half marathon. I am planning on running a full marathon in a year. I know it’s a long time from now but I want to take the time and train the right way. Well I don’t know if there is a right way but just a better way for me. I have a half marathon coming up in January with my sister. This will be her first  half. I had a talk with her the other day because I noticed that she wasn’t putting her all into training anymore. When we first started training in August she was running about twice a week and once on the weekend with me and Craig. Little by little I noticed her making excuses for not running. I don’t want to PUSH her to do something she doesn’t want to. It came out of her to train for the half marathon with me. She said it was something that she really wanted to do. So what I decided to do was let her be for a couple of week. She knew I was still training but would not bring up running with me. Last Friday we went to lunch and started talking about running again. She admitted that she had been slacking but that she still really wanted to run the half marathon in January. I let her know that I didn’t want her to feel forced to run it if she didn’t want to. I told her that training for a race is not easy. Sometimes we want to give up. Sometimes we want to postpone it. I told her she needed to stay motivated and pushing herself to run. I let her know how important it was for her to keep up with training because she didn’t want to be in the middle of the half marathon and feeling like crap. I don’t want her to not be prepared. I want to try and explain to her as much as I can so she knows how hard it really is. Anyway this spoke to me LOUD and CLEAR. Training is the little steps to be able to complete the main goal….which for us at this point is finishing the P.F.Changs Half Marathon on January 17th. I did tell her how awesome and exciting it is when you cross the finish line. Told her how the morning winter runs when you can barely move and the summer runs where your sweating EVERYWHERE are so worth it. She is back on track and I will keep posting updates if anything changes.


I'm off to the gym for my run and ab workout. 

Have a great night!!

Betty

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog :D I added yah to my bloggy list <3
    i love your blog. beautiful inspiration love.xo

    ReplyDelete