Sunday, August 23, 2009

Interesting Turn of Events







This morning I woke up at 5:20 am to go on my long run. I was going to run to work which is a little over 6 miles and also run half way back. I was putting in my contacts and I don't know how I did this but I got soap in the left one. My left eye was killing me.....it got all red and I could barely keep it open. Not a good way to start the morning. =( I ignored my eye and still got ready. Had half a clif bar and was on my way. I was about half a mile into it when I decided.....I don't want to run this route alone today. I just wasn't in the mood. So I ran back home and told Craig I was just going to run on the treadmill. He offered to go but I knew I would be awhile since I was going to atleast run 8 miles. On the way to the gym I got the clever idea of going to the park to run.....like i've done in the past. I called Craig to make sure I knew the cross streets and he offered to come with me. We like to go there and ride our bikes. So I went back home to pick him up. At this point it was already like 6:30ish. I was not feeling good about my run at all. I started getting scared and really nervous. Disney Half is 2 weeks away. I need to get my butt in gear. We arrived at the park and I started running. Craig rode his bike around and would stop and take pics of me once in awhile. He is so amazing. Trying to keep me optimistic while i'm thinking it's the end of the world as I know it. Anyway, I'm glad to say that my run went REALLY well. I ran a mile less then what I wanted to do because the road was flooded. I felt like I could still keep running for a few more miles. I'm so glad that I didn't let those little things stop me from running. I know that if I would've came home and just went back to sleep after the first attempt I would be regretting it now. Thank you god for the strength and my Craig.

Here is the pic of the flooded part and a few other pictures.



Wooohooo to great runs! Have a great Sunday.

Betty





No comments:

Post a Comment