Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thinking about throwing in the towel

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

I hope your week is going great!

This is my first week back to my regular workouts. The week before the half marathon I decided to rest my legs and I just ran 3 times that week. Last week I ran, went hiking and worked out at home on Saturday. My plan was to get back into P90X. I was super excited for it and I couldn't wait to get started. Now I'm thinking about "throwing in the towel." I'm going to give it the rest of the week to see if I change my mind but I just feel like I don't give it my all when I work out at home. It's different when I meet Craig at the gym and we workout together. We help eachother stay motivated and it's fun. We talk about our day and I really feel like I get a good workout. I can also take different classes. I know that P90X works because I sweat a lot and I can feel it working out every part of my body. I just feel like it's so boring. I wish that they offered P90X classes at the gym or something. I'm not sure what I'm doing yet and I don't want to quit. It's been a very long time since I quit something and I don't want this to be it.

Question: Have you ever felt this way about a specific workout?

I don't want to end on a crappyish (probably not a word) note so I'll share our hiking pictures from Sunday.

Camelback Hike    source

Difficulty: 3.5
Distance Round Trip 2.5 miles
Trailhead Elevation 1400 feet
Elevation Gain 1300 feet
Avg Time Round Trip 1.5 - 2 hour


We had so much fun hiking one of our favorite trails. Parking is very limited and we were so excited when we found a spot open. We had to walk about a mile before getting to the trail but it was a nice warm up. The weather was perfect for the hike and a lot of people were out on Sunday. As I was hiking up the mountain I started thinking to myself.. Why do we do this? This is so dangerous. I can slip and fall at any moment. There are times when I look over the side of a mountain and just imagine myself falling over and it freaks me out. I keep going though because I love it. I love that little scared feeling I get and reaching the top. I'm glad that I get to enjoy something that I love doing with the person I love.

Blog Signature

2 comments:

  1. Working out should be something you enjoy. Don't force yourself to do the DVDs if you don't want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i <3 camelback!! and i know what you mean about working out at home. i just can't do it....i need the gym atmosphere to pump me up!!

    we should meet up for a hike sometime :) e-mail me.

    ReplyDelete