Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Trying new thing's and lovin' it!

Monday workout: 50 minutes..elliptical, ST and abs.


Hi wonderful peeps!!!

I'm feeling good today. My throat was hurting a little bit this morning but it's gone now. I'm glad that medicine worked. I thought I was going to have to spend time and money at the Dr's on Friday. Ugh.

We had a really good workout last night. I'm starting to realize that I don't have to be at the gym for hours to see results. I usually go for about 1 hr and get a superb workout. I think before when I was trying to lose weight it might have been the case. But now I'm trying to maintain and I'm happy with 1 hr after work for 5 days a week. My sister's think it's gross but I love seeing the sweat coming down my neck. I LOVE IT!! Tonight's workout plan is 30 minutes StairMaster, crunches, arm ST and then 30 minutes elliptical with Craig. He meets me at the gym after work. He usually doesn't get there until 6:30. Which gives me about 45 minutes to do my own thing. On Tuesday's I try to add more cardio.

So the reason for the title is...... I've been getting a lot of ideas from other bloggers. I'm addicted to blog hopping by the way. I love to read everything you all have to say. You all have so much knowledge and it just feeds my hunger. Some of the new things I've been trying are:

~ More veggies more veggies!!

~ Green Monster ( This smoothie is amazing)

~ Taking a picture of my food. It seems to help. It keeps me liable for what I'm putting in my mouth. I don't always get to take a picture of all the food I'm consuming but most of it anyway.

~ Not worrying about the scale. Just going on how I feel and again..maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

Those are just a few things that seem to be helping me feel the way I feel. In the past I knew that I was not eating as many veggies as I should be. I kept saying I was going to add more but never really would. Just a tiny bit here and there. Seeing how great every one's food looks with all the colorful veggies motivated me to finally give it a try. I must say that I'm glad I did.


Let's all do something that we have been saying we were going to do for awhile now. Time to put the words to actions!!!!


Today I had a PB&J sandwich for breakfast with a Green Monster of course. Grapes for my snack, 2 ground turkey enchiladas and salad for lunch and edamame as my last snack. For dinner we are making pizza. Biggest Loser tonight. YAY!


Hope your Tuesday is going as great as mine!

Betty

3 comments:

  1. Oh, glad you tried a green monster!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! Bety I totally LOVE YOU and everything you DOOOOOO! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely agree to more veggies more veggies!! I make sure I have some type of veggie in every meal. Wether its spinach for breakfast, salad for lunch, and broccoli or squash for dinner. the hubby and i went grocery shopping this evening and he mentioned how grocery shopping for vegetarians must be really cheap because the foods and ingredients they get are cheap. anyway, hope to see some veggies on your plates in those pictures you will be taking! you can do it! more veggies more veggies!

    ReplyDelete