Monday, September 7, 2009

Disney Half Marathon





I want to start off by saying thanks to my Craig and my sister for always supporting me. I hope that you both know that I am always going to support you too. I love you guys and I can't even explain how much I appreciate you. I also want to say thanks to Cristina for running this with me. It was so much fun and I can't wait to run more with her. One day we will be running a full marathon and it will also be a blast.

On this post I will only be writing about the marathon. I will write about the rest of our trip on another post. There is just so many things to say and pictures to share. =)

The marathon started at 6am and our finish time was 2:54:16. Yay to that!! We both beat our time. Our goal was 2:45 and we didn't make it..so we can't buy ourselves our little gift but that is okay. Beating our old time was gift enough. This course was pretty awesome. It starts off by going into California Adventures where there are characters there to cheer you on and also take pics with. We only stopped once to take a quick picture. I did snap a couple other characters though.

From California Adventures you go into Disneyland. I also took a couple pictures of some characters that were cheering for us. The Disneyland employees were also out supporting us. It was so exciting to hear them clapping and cheering us on.
The whole experience was awesome. I didn't know the course very well as I did with the P.F.Changs so everything that we ran past was new to me. I just kept looking around and the time went by pretty quick. We did starting feeling our legs ache around the 10th mile. That is when we kept pumping eachother up. We were a great team and had so much fun. I took my camera with me. I loved how chicrunner did that for her San Francisco Marathon and I thought it was a great idea. I loved having the camera with me and being able to record the run. Craig made me a video which is the Disney Half Marathon from the runner's point of view.

Here are some before, during and after pictures that I want to share also.
I know that's a lot of pics but I hope you enjoyed them.
I will be posting pictures from the expo's and the beach tomorrow. The whole trip was really great and we hope to possibly do it again next year.

Goodnight

Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment