Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Reality

09/21/2009 workout- 45 minutes- cardio and ST


" Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality. "- Ralph Marston

I was thinking this morning about how much 1 year can make a huge difference in someones life. I know that my way of thinking has changed a lot. Before I was more negative or I would bring myself down a lot more. Little by little I started setting goals and I saw that I was achieving them. I became more confident. I realized that like the quote above states...I had to let go of the doubts and just work towards my goals to make them reality. Over and over I would see my goals being reached. It was such an amazing feeling. I loved that feeling so I continue to set goals now. One of the first goals was to workout for 21 consecutive days. After that to stop drinking soda. Lose 2 pounds a week. Go out to eat only once a week. Look at the nutrition info. before going to a restaurant. So many goals that I have met. These might be little goals but they have made a HUGE difference in my life. At this point in my life my main goal is to maintain. Continue living the healthiest lifestyle that I can. I want to keep working out and still enjoy it. Trying new things....like new hiking places, maybe more spinning classes, yoga...different runs. Hopefully one day a FULL MARATHON. I know that all these things make me happy. Everyone deserves to be happy. Whatever happiness means to each person then they should go for it.

Because I'm talking about goals. I'm going to list mine and in 1 yr come back to them to see where I'm at. =)

~ Maintain Weight (128 pounds)
~ Tone up (abs, legs and arms)
~ Run a Full Marathon ( possibly San Diego 06/2010)
~ Finish a half marathon in 2:30
~ Keep tracking my food everyday
~ Continue tracking my workouts

These are my goals for the next year...what are yours?

Hope you enjoy your day!!

Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment